A flavourful chicken and rice dish popular in the Arabian Gulf.
1. Heat oil, add onions and sauté till golden brown (around 7-10 mins)
2. Add whole spices (cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves) and grated ginger, then cook 3-4 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add chicken. Stir 1 minute to add colour.
4. Add blended tomato, tomato paste and salt. Cook 10-12 mins.
5. Add shredded carrots and chicken stock cube.
6. Cover with lid and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
5. Remove chicken pieces when tender.
6. Grill for 5 mins at 180c to brown, before serving.
1. Add drained rice, grated carrot, tomato paste, dried lime and raisins.
7. Add water and salt to taste. Bring to boil.
8. Cook 10-12 minutes and add chickpeas.
9. Cover with lid and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes until rice is fluffy and cooked.
1. Add oil, carrots, raisins and sliced almonds.
2. Cook 3-4 mins until almonds are toasted.
3. Remove and drain excess oil
Blend all ingredients together until of smooth consistency
1. Plate rice
2. Place chicken pieces over rice, around the sides
3. Place garnish in the middle
4. Serve with tomato sauce
5. Enjoy and lick your fingers if you want to, it's that good!